Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Trick or Treat! Smell My Feet!

Happy Halloween everyone! Today is such a fun day...I love the costumes, the trick or treating, and jack-o-lanterns!  Halloween, to me, is such a stress free holiday.

It's going to be cold tonight in Central Illinois so I'm not sure how much trick or treating we will do. I'm sure the kids (and me) will be bundled up!  Oh well...that's what happens when you live in this part of the country. You never know what the weather will be. I remember a few years ago, it was in the 70's.

Today I am sharing a Halloween layout I did for the Clear Scraps design team.  I made my own spooky acrylic shapes to go along with my project.  One of the great things about acrylic is that you can run it through your die cut machines (FYI, you can also emboss acrylic!).

Here, I used my Tim Holtz Movers and Shapers mini bat and skull die.


For the skull, I lined the edges with Glossy Accents and then sprinkled it with Ranger Dry Stickles Glitter. 
Just a note, the glitters goes everywhere so use it sparingly.

For the bat, I used Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze. 


You only need one generous coat. Make sure you swirl the bottle first to ensure you get enough glitter on your brush. 


I set them aside to dry while making my layout. I used Authentique's Enchanted collection for my project. Authentique is one of my favorite paper companies.  They always have fabulous prints and fun coordinating cardstock stickers. Plus, they have a company pug! (a shout out to Coco!)


Here is a close up of my skull.  I glued it to a black cardstock scalloped circle with Glossy accents. I also placed a small string of fun Halloween bakers twine from Whisker Graphics.


Close up of the bat. I simply used my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher!


Showing some of the fun cardstock stickers and alpha. The black ones are some old school Making Memories mini alphas!  


The Boo bingo card is from Jenni Bowlin....another throw back! LOL Some things you just can't let go of...especially ones that never go out of style. 


For my journaling, I used the back of a printed Jillibean Soup kraft tag. On the bottom, I stamped the "remember" from the Pink Paislee Portfolio collection.  To finish, I placed some of my new, fun Halloween flair from {a flair for buttons}.  


I hope this inspires you to scrap those pictures you take tonight! Everyone be safe and have fun!
Thanks for reading! -Jen






No comments:

Post a Comment