Monday, February 22, 2016

Clear Scraps: Explore

Last week, I had a layout and tutorial up on the Clear Scraps blog using the new
Helm and Anchor Chipboard Embellishments.  I thought this set would go great with this cute photo of my nephew and October Afternoon's Treasure Map! 





I'm going to show you how I altered my chipboard pieces!  First, I applied a couple layers of white acrylic paint to each piece. 

I've had this ombre ink from Hero Arts since October and have been wanting to use it!  I thought the teal color would go well with my paper line. 


After allowing the acrylic paint to dry, I turned the pieces over and lightly applied directly to the ink pad.  

Once dry, I used Ranger Distress Crackle Paint in Clear Rock Candy. 



To give texture to my anchor, I used one of my roller stamps from American Crafts and did some "messy" stamping....I love how it turned out! 

For my title, I used wood grain Chipboard letters from October Afternoon, as well as added flair and stickers from Treasure Map. I also added wooden veneer stars from Studio Calico (love these!). 

I adhered some of the Sew Fun Banners on top of a Border and Label Stickers then stitched through. 

Thanks for reading...you can visit the Clear Scraps shop to see these and the many new products!
Have a great day!


1 comment: