Sunday, February 21, 2016

Simple Stories: Carpe Diem Layouts

Today, I am sharing layout I created for the Simple Stories Design Team using the new Carpe Diem Scrapbooking collection! Since its February, I used love as my theme for both pages! 


One my first page, titled "You Are So Loved" I used a cute photo of my niece.  Starting with white cardstock, I layered a 6x12 piece of Make It Happen.  I then layered a strip of the B side of Make It Happen as well as Brand New Day. I always using my sewing machine so I stitched through one of the strips.  

For my title, I used the pink letter stickers from the Expressions Cardstock Sticker sheet. I then used the "LOVED" Simple Stories cut file (#92340) from the Silhouette shop and the Pink Dot/Black Dot sheet.  

I layered  stickers from the Fundamentals and Expressions Cardstock Sticker sheet along with Chipboard accents and a cute floral Bradz.  I love to layer my little embellishments into clusters at the corner of my photo. 


How cute are these clips?  I added the pink heart clip to the top of my photo and secured with a staple. 


I wanted to use a heart background cut file but couldn't quite find what I was looking for, so I created my own using a repeating pattern of hearts.  I added random prints of the B side of Don't Mind Me into a few hearts. 


____________________________________________________________________

For my second layout, "LOVE",  I used an old photo of my grandparent when they were dating.  One of the many things I love about Simple Stories is that the papers can be used for just about any theme! 


Using the "LOVE"  cut file (#80540), I cut directly into my white cardstock background.  I then backed it with the B Side of Fist Bump and Pink/White prints.  

One of my favorite embellishments are the Chipboard Frames! You receive a variety of prints and sizes in each pack! I adhered one of the frames to a 3x4 Journaling Card to jot down a few sentences about my photo.  

Showing more of the great embellishments of Carpe Diem!  I used another cute photo Clip, Bradz, and Stickers. You can also spy some coordinating Enamel Dots as well! 


Thank you for stopping by!  Check out all of the great Simple Stories products by clicking HERE!
Have a great night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment