Saturday, March 9, 2013

October Afternoon's Farm Girl layouts

Sorry for my absence...been going through of a bit of a creative block lately. I think its the weather...I just want to sit in a blanket and read.  Thankfully spring is around the corner.  And to get me in the spring mood, I'm sharing some layouts I created for The Scrapbooking Studio design team with October Afternoon's Farm Girl collection. 
I am a huge fan of October Afternoon and love working with their lines!
 
This first layout is called "Goose Party"....Hailey was just a little girl in these photos. My mom had taken her down to the riverfront to feed the geese and Hailey commented that there was a "goose party" going on. 
 

 
I used letter stickers from the Simple Stories' SNAP line stitched through. I also used my circle punch to create negative space and placed patterned paper behind. I accented with some circle pieces of the Sew Fun Banners, as well as and coordinating flair.
 
 
At the top of my layout, I cut these circles from a Silhouette file and again added pieces from the Sew Fun Banners and flair 

 
Here, a few pieces of the "Doo Dads" including a fun pink library card for journaling.  I also added a milk cap from The Scrapbooking Studio's flea market!
 
 
Honestly, it has taken me a long time to want to scrapbook these pictures..I have a few that come from a time period right before Mom got sick.  I don't know why I've held on to them. I told my sister I've almost been afraid to scrap them just because this is it. These are the last pictures I have of my mom being alive (except for when she was dying).  I don't know how to explain it.  Anyway, I'm trying to get over this.
 
Ok, on to the next layout which I titled "Cow Kisses".  Again, Hailey is so little....4 almost 5 yrs old.  She still had to carry a Webkinz everywhere she went. 
 
 
 
Using some of the cardstock stickers as well as the journaling spot.  I added a button with some bakers twine from Whisker Graphics.  The little "milk" circle is from the Sew Fun Banner. I love how you can take pieces from the sheet and use them however you want.
 


Again, I took pieces of the Sew Fun Banner and layered them at the top of my layout. 

 
Cute cow flair with a wooden veneer arrow from Studio Calico.  My title letters are from American Crafts and Sassafras Lass. 

 
I'll be back again soon to share a cute mini I did with the Farm Girl line!  Meanwhile, I plan on crafting in my scraproom most of this weekend! Thanks for reading! 
 


 


1 comment:

  1. These are super cute layouts! Love that collection and need to break it out and scrap with it! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete