Sunday, November 11, 2012

Clear Scraps Veterans Day layout

Happy Veterans Day!
Today, I am happy to share a layout I did for the Clear Scraps design team.  When I was in my early 20's I had decided to go into the Army Reserves. I had been working as a dental hygienist for two years and was ready for something more.  My plan was to go to go back to school and eventually go to dental school. My boss at the time told me a great way was to join the military. So, I definitely went way out of my comfort zone and joined. It was one of the best decisions I ever made.  I gained a lot of confidence and pride in myself, as well as got to do some pretty cool things.

So, here I am at 22 yrs old..with my buddies. We were getting close to graduation and were pretty excited.I used the "Journey" Expressions Clear Title for my layout, as boot camp started me on a major journey in my life.  



After removing the protective film from both sides, I inked my title with Ranger alcohol ink.  It dries fast and is so easy to do. 


 I used Crate Paper's Storyteller collection for my layout.  I originally had planned to use another line that was more 4th of July themed. However, I am known by my friends to totally tear apart a layout and start over if I don't like it :) LOL  

I "splattered" London Blue Dylusions spray ink onto my layout to finish. 


Remember to thank a Veteran or Military member today!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment