Saturday, November 10, 2012

My Mind's Eye All is Bright mini book

Today I am sharing a mini book I did for the design team at The Scrapbooking Studio.  I absolutely love how this book turned out! It helps that this is one of my favorite Christmas lines this year!  All is Bright from My Mind's Eye has such beautiful colors! When I saw it at CHA this summer, I couldn't wait to have it!  MME has been so generous with the embellishments as well! I love the addition of the washi tape!

I used the Maya Road 4 " Canvas Binder which has not only chipboard pages, but canvas as well.  I sprayed the front using a Studio Calico Mister Huey Wonderland Stars mask and Red Velvet Tattered Angels spray ink.


I also added a doily and glittered silver tape from American Crafts.  I used my Tim Holtz rosette die and topped it with one of the coordinating chipboard pieces from the line.  Next, I added a star trinket and craft pennant pin also from Maya Road. The stamping on the kraft pennant is from the All is Bright Clear Stamps.


A shot of the inside cover. I used a saying from last year's Ali Edwards' Technique Tuesday December Daily set.  



A close up of a snowflake I made with my Tim Holtz  snowflake die and one of the coordinating washi tape. Also, love the coordinating bling in the center...the package comes with clear, red and turquoise.


I also love the layered stickers that come with the collection.  Here, I stamped the "Dear Santa" at the top...something from an old school October Afternoon clear stamp set!


I sprayed all of my canvas pages with the same Tattered Angels ink.  Here I added some cream tulle trim from Maya Road. I also added a wood veneer star  from Studio Calico in the top right corner.



Love the hexagons! The 12x12 sticker sheet has lots of them!  I added a wood veneer hexagon from Studio Calico in the center.  I also love that the line has coordinating bakers twine, as well. 




I stamped the bottom of the page with a sentiment from a Jillibean Soup stamp set.  Also, added washi tape and a Tim Holtz Ideology pen nib.



I love using pockets and envelopes to hide journaling or other pictures.  Here, I used a kraft envelope by Melissa Frances.  I first distressed my tag with Chestnut Roan chalk ink from Colorbox. In Fired Brick Distress Ink, I stamped my background....



 I then, stamped my sentiment (from the December Daily clear stamp set) onto my tag. The finishing touch is some blue bakers twine. 



Love the Studio Calico wooden veneer trees. One of my many finds at The Scrapbooking Studio!


For this page, I covered a tag with one of the coordinating washi tapes. I then ran the tag through my Vagabond using the Tim Holtz snowflake die.  I used more washi tape to lay behind my snowflake image. 



One of the chipboard pieces from the collection.  The center pops out so you can place a picture or stamp, as I did, behind it.  I added some of the mini metal numbers from Tim Holtz's Ideology line. 



 On the inside of the back cover, I used an itty bitty stamp from Unity Stamp Company.  

One of the sentiments from the Technique Tuesday December Daily stamp set. 



Thanks for reading! I'll be back with more projects I've created with the same line! -Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment