Monday, October 29, 2012

Clear Scraps Fall Owl mini album

Hi everyone. Sorry for my absence. I have been trying to get my energy back. It's not coming as fast as I'd like and I'm frustrated.  So please bear with me.

Today I am sharing a fun owl acrylic mini book I did for the Clear Scraps design team.  Using Jillibean Soup's Country Pumpkin Chowder Collection, I covered most of the pages of the album.



For the front cover, I used Ranger alcohol ink to color the acrylic as I wanted to leave it blank to allow the 2nd page to show through.


I lightly applied the alcohol ink to my applicator.


Then, I applied the ink in a circular motion to the acrylic.


The nice thing about acrylic and alcohol ink is that it dries quickly and is easy to apply. You can also add in additional colors as well.  


Inside of the second page that I used for journaling.  I love the die cuts and journaling cards that coordinate with this line! I even added some flair from {a flair for buttons}.



Love the colors of this line!  Here I popped up the center of the die cut and added a decorative pin from Maya Road and wooden veneer bird from Studio Calico.


For this page, I incorporated a tag from Jenni Bowlin and kraft envelope from Maya Road under my photo.  I added a some baker's twine from Whisker Graphics as well. 



It's hard to see in the picture but for this page, I did not cover it with paper. Instead I allowed the front and back photos and embellishments to mirror each other. I just used one of the die cut journaling tags and my photo. I added some fun pennants that I hand cut, as well as a cardstock sticker tag to journal.  Of course, I have to add baker's twine (one of my favorite embellishments!)


Here is the backside...again I used a photo and die cut journaling tag. Across the bottom of my photo, I cut out "The Good Stuff" from one of the journaling cards and added washi tape from Bella Blvd


For this page, I covered it with patterned paper. On the bottom right hand corner, I used a stamp from the Pink Paislee Portfolio collection. 


Here, I used a milk cap from our flea market at The Scrapbooking Studio and stapled one of the die cut circles to the top. Underneath, I added a small amount of Maya Road tulle trim. 


For this page, I used one of the Jillibean Soup corrugated letters (which I love) !  In the top right hand corner, you will note a very old school Pink Paislee stamp. LOL I am a bit of a clear stamp hoarder. Although you'd be amazed on how much I have gotten rid of over the last couple of years. Some stamp sets I refuse to let go of!


That is all for now! I promise to have some more fun projects up this week!  Hope this was inspiring to you! Thanks for reading!
Jen










No comments:

Post a Comment