Friday, June 3, 2016

Clear Scraps: Dreaming of Sunshine Layout

Hello...so happy its Friday!  Today, our family adopted two kittens and we've been busy playing and cuddling!  This past spring, we lost our sweet Sadie who was almost 16...I think my husband wanted to be cat-less for awhile but I kept begging LOL So, for Mother's Day he surprised me with a note saying that I could have one kitten after we got back from our vacation in August.  So, somehow we adopted two kittens in June! LOL


Today, I'm sharing a layout I have up on the Clear Scraps blog using the Chipboard Butterfly Embellishment and 12 Inch Cloud Mascil. 



I started first with white card stock and my 12 Inch Cloud Mascil.  Using Heidi Swapp Color Shine, I lightly sprayed my background.  You can use as much or little as you prefer!  Don't be afraid to experiment with the ink...and it doesn't have to be perfect!


I added in some enamel dots and a cute wood veneer heart from my stash to accent the clouds. 

I also used some of the epoxy stickers from Maggie Holmes' Bloom collection as well as adhered a doily behind my photo.  I used strips of different patterns to create my own sunshine rays and stitched through with my sewing machine. 

My title is also from the Bloom Epoxy Sticker Sheet!  

A close up of my butterfly...I'm going to show you how a simple way to embellish your chipboard! 

I first applied a light coat of white acrylic paint to the surface and allowed to dry.


Next, I covered the painted surface with clear embossing ink (turning the pad upside down and applying directly works best!).   Then using embossing enamel I applied an ample amount to the chipboard.  I tapped the chipboard on my craft sheet a few times to remove the excess powder and applied heat. The one thing I love about the embossing enamel is that it has bits of metal that melt!  It creates a beautiful effect!  

Thanks for stopping by! Check out the Clear Scraps shop to see the huge selection of chipboard shapes as well as Mascils!


No comments:

Post a Comment