Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Simple Stories: Sunshine and Happiness


Well, I've been neglecting my blog again :(  The upside is that I had I had Kristine Davidson do a blog make over for me and I love what she has done!  So, if you are looking for a fun change, I HIGHLY recommend her!
Anyway, I haven't been feeling all that great and anything above the basic is not getting done.  I just want to sit on the couch and binge watch Netflix but then again, its frustrating to not be able to do the things I want to do.
Enough of that...its summertime here so I'm sharing layouts I created for Simple Stories using their new Sunshine and Happiness collection. 

For my first layout, I wanted to capture the essence of summer plus I just  plain love this photo of my niece and nephew!  So stinking cute!  Sunshine and Happiness has such bright, fun colors and patterns that are perfect summer projects! 

I used a bright yellow striped print for my title along with a Simple Stories cut file that can be found in the Silhouette shop (Hello Summer #76407).  I added coordinating stickers around my title as well as stitched different patterns at the bottom of the page.  I'm all about layering (as I've said a gazillion times) so its fun to mix up the papers! 


I love this little chipboard bird found on the 6x12 Sheet...I layer more paper and stickers as well as splattered some coordinating enamel dots and Bradz to complete the look.  

I also love adding in the 3x4 Journaling card elements...they are perfect to accent your photos or add some journaling!  I stitched a piece of one of the border stickers at the bottom (sort of like washi tape) and added a cute Bradz.   Underneath my journaling card, I used another Simple Stories cut file with the green striped print also found in the Silhouette Shop (Stars Card #56652)!

Here is a close up of the card...you can see I added a "relax" tab sticker at the top, as well as more coordinating stickers from the Fundamentals and 4x6 Sticker Sheets. 


Thanks for stopping by!  I will try to update more as I have lots of projects to share!  Be sure to check out this collection as well as Bloom and Grow by clicking HERE
Have a wonderful day!




No comments:

Post a Comment