Monday, July 4, 2016

Simple Stories: Sunshine and Happiness layouts

I can't believe its been almost a month since I've updated. I guess I'm not doing very well on my promise to post on a regular basis.  Things have been crazy here at home...I will just say I've been battling a lot of storms so creating has gone by the way side. I even stepped down from My Creative Scrapbook and The Cut Shoppe (my term was up and I decided not to try out again).  I have been having a hard time trying to find balance between family, work, scrapbooking, and wanting to get in shape. Physically I've had a lot of obstacles with my health and it stinks.  I have been praying for this rough time to pass...but also ask God to glorify Him in any way during my struggles.  Not an easy place to be but I know I'm not in control.  

Anyway, its the 4th of July and I'm sharing layouts I created for Simple Stories using their Sunshine and Happiness collection.  Sorry I don't have a patriotic themed project today!

My first layout "Oh Happy Day" I used one of the Simple Stories cut files from the Silhouette shop for my title.  

Here is my title up close...I also used a circle background cut file with white card stock. I filled in the circles with different patterns and then added embellishments.  


I love me some layers....I used chipboard elements, stickers, and the self adhering Bradz



My second layout "Hello Sunshine" I used a photo of my daughter having a blast on the Slip N Slide. I know around here, my kids are all about the water during the summer!  


I used one of the sentiments from the Bits and Pieces pack for my title.  There is lots to choose from including cute little shapes!  


I used a 12 inch Clear Scraps Mascil for my background along with yellow spray ink.  I then layered more Bits and Pieces and small embellishments from Happiness and Sunshine.  



Thanks for reading...I will try to post more this week!  Have a great 4th of July!


No comments:

Post a Comment