Thursday, December 12, 2013

Clear Scraps Believe Christmas Banner

Hello! I'm sorry I've been neglecting my blog!  Between getting ready for Christmas and CHA, I've been a busy lady.  I can't believe the winter show is just around the corner!  I've been working on some fun projects for Clear Scraps and can't wait to show you!  

Today, I am up on the Clear Scraps blog with a fun Christmas banner perfect to hang on your mantle.  I used the Believe Banner with comes with 7 acrylic pieces:  two stars, four pennants, and one adorable Christmas tree (complete with a star on top!).  



I covered the banner pieces with patterned paper from Pink Paislee's City Sidewalks (I've been hoarding it for awhile!)  Each piece except for the tree has a "25" and a metal embellishment.  


For this star, I covered with patterned paper then used Viva's Pearl Pen in Silver to line the edges.  I added a doily and a cute thread card from the ephemera pack. I added bakers twine from Whisker Graphics plus metal numbers from Tim Holtz's Ideology line.  I finished with a few more pieces from the ephemera pack and a decorative pin from Maya Road. 


Love the chipboard snowflakes that coordinate with this line!  They even have glitter!  


Here is the center piece: the Christmas tree. I left the star blank and lined it with glitter. I cut strips of the patterned paper, ripped the edges and stitched them together.  After adhering to the acrylic, I cut the edges and sanded with my Tim Holtz sanding tool.   

I used Tim Holtz's Snowflake Rosette die for this pennant as well as a Maya Road bingo piece and mini paper clip from Tim. 


On this star, I used my Clear Scraps 6 Inch Chicken Wire Mascil and Art Anthology's Dimensional Glitter paint to give this fun effect for the background. 


You can see my Mascil is well loved! It's one of my favorites to use! 


I added a small amount of paint in the center of each hole and used an old credit card to spread the paint across.  


And this is what you get! It's hard to tell in the photo but there is a glitter sheen to the paint. You can go as thick or thin as you like...depending on your style.  


And here is the last pennant!  I mixed different pieces of the ephemera pack and added a cute "25" flair from {a flair for buttons}.



After I was finished, I used bakers twine from Whisker Graphics to string through my banner to get it ready to hang!
Thanks for stopping by today! Check out this and many more banners in the Clear Scraps shop!  
Have a great day!
 
 






2 comments:

  1. Fab banner Jennifer!! Can't wait to see your CHA projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Ashley! You are too sweet!! I can't wait to show some of them!! There are new CS products that are so fun!! (well all of them are fun..but these I loved working with)

      Delete