Thursday, June 27, 2013

Celebrate Today: 4th of July Layout

How can it almost be the end of June?  Summer always seems to fly by...and that means the 4th of July is right around the corner. Today I am sharing a layout I created for The Scrapbooking Studio design team using Authentique's Pride collection.
 
 
I tried something out of my norm and did an 8 1/2 x 11 layout.  I am such a traditional 12x12 girl.  But, I love how this turned out! I layered patterned paper at the bottom and then stitched with my sewing machine. I also added a strip at the top as well. 
 
 
I used my Chevron Mr. Huey Mask from Studio Calico and Dylusions in Post Box Red to create this fun effect. I then added silver and red sequins as well as small wooden veneer stars.
 
 
I created my title with the Silhouette, as well as the polaroid frame around my photo.
 
 
Here, I used two of the coordinating stickers that come with the collection.

 
Chevrons cut from the Silhouette. I stitched these as well with my sewing machine.



Thanks for stopping by and reading!  Be sure to check out this collection! It's my favorite 4th of July line!


No comments:

Post a Comment