Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Clear Scraps Mascils Tutorial layout

I'm up on the Clear Scraps blog today sharing a fun layout I created using the 12x12 acrylic sheet and one of the many new Mascils! 
 
 
 
Here, I used the 6x6 Chicken Wire Mascil.  You should check out the Clear Scraps shop to see this and many more designs.  The great thing is that they this size as well as 12x12! 
 
I first started with my 12x12 acrylic sheet and placed it on my craft mat. I then lightly misted my Mascil with spray ink (I used Dylusions from Ranger) and layed it over the top left corner of the acrylic.  Taking a foam brush, I lightly applied a thin layer of acrylic paint.  I love how the color from the spray ink mixed in with the cream of the acrylic. (Reminds me of when you add food coloring to white frosting)
 
 
 
After washing and allowing my Mascil to dry, I used it on the bottom right corner of my patterned paper. I love how diverse this product is!  I've used it not only on acrylic, but canvas and chipboard as well. 
 
Here is a close up of the top left corner. The title is from the Silhouette Studio: one of my absolute favorite files!
 
 
I used the Memories collection from Teresa Collins.  Love the colors and embellishments! Of course, I had to add some Blingage! :)  Also, I used one of the new wooden veneer arrows from Studio Calico. 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today!  Be sure to check out the Clear Scraps blog for more acrylic inspiration!
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I like this layout. You did a fab job with the tutorial and explaining how to use the mask. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete