Thursday, December 20, 2012

Let It Snow

Ok, seriously I have been neglecting my blog.  I have been busy with trying to get CHA samples done for Clear Scraps. Mostly though I have been subbing for hygiene this week. I worked Monday through today (although yesterday and today I had long lunches).  Anyway, I am absolutely eager to sit and work on my projects!!!  I hate to say no when an office asks me to sub..plus the money is good!  

Anyway, we are supposed to get our first snow today.  Only 1-3 inches (unlike west of us which is forecasted for much more) but I'll take it. I need more snow pictures! I've been using the same three events for the past couple of years! LOL

Today I am sharing a mini album I did for the Clear Scraps design team. We are doing a cross promotion/blog hop with Authentique Paper (one of my absolute favorites!). I received the "Peaceful" collection to use.  For my album, I used the Scalloped Tab Album. I absolutely love making acrylic mini albums!  

I wanted my cover to be fairly simple. I am loving Tim Holtz's new Snowflake Rosette die!  So I decided to use it and top it with one of the cardstock stickers that come with the Peaceful collection. I sprayed the wooden veneer Studio Calico mini letters with Mr. Huey spray ink in Bookworm (plus, added some messy drops as well).  With a few buttons from my stash, as well as a star decorative pin from Maya Road that completed my cover. And I can't forget the American Crafts silver glitter ribbon! 




On the inside of my cover, I again used the wooden veneer numbers. The stamp is from the Technique Tuesday Ali Edwards December Daily set from last year.  As you can see, I love to use my sewing machine too!  



Here, I sprayed a doily with Ranger Perfect Pearls Mist then added another cute cardstock sticker, some glitter ribbon, and a wooden veneer snowflake from Studio Calico. Can you tell I love those as well? I use them a lot in my projects! You can also spy a wooden veneer tree :)  


For this page, I incorporated more Clear Scraps! I had the birdcage left over from a past project. And since it fit the sentiment, I decided it would be perfect! I used Ranger Alcohol ink in Pesto for the acrylic birdcage. I used a Stampin Up punch for my bird. I added some Diamond Stickles to him as well.  


I made this "frame" simply by cutting a 4x4 square and using a punch to cut out the center.  The stamped sentiment is from Studio Calico.  


I used the corner tab stickers to create the three "arrows" in the top left corner and then stitched through. 



Love the little sentiments from the 12x12 cardstock sticker sheet!  


Here, I wrapped some grey baker's twine from Whisker Graphics around the stamp sticker, then added a mini paper clip from Tim Holtz's Ideology line. 


Here, I created a flap to hide a picture and sentiment. On the outside, I used one of the cardstock stickers and placed it on a black cardstock scalloped circle.  



I love using kraft paper for my projects as well...here I not only used it for journaling but also used a tag punch and my Tim Holtz Movers and Shapers Mini Snowflakes die to create a reverse image. I placed patterned paper behind it and finished with some bakers twine and a small rhinestone. 


Love Catslife Press! One of their many fun stamps!  


Hope you enjoyed this mini and maybe you will take some pictures of the snow today and create something?
Thanks for reading! -Jen




No comments:

Post a Comment