Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Back to School

Hi everyone! Sorry for my absence...even with the kiddos in school all day, its seems that I'm busy running errands all day. Plus, I've been trying to get into my scraproom to work on some projects!

Today I am sharing two projects I did for The Scrapbooking Studio design team using Graphic 45's An ABC Primer collection.  I love Graphic 45 but usually don't use it very often because honestly, I don't know how to use it. I don't think the vintage look is my thing..but I was happily surprised on how much I liked using this collection.

First up is a layout I did with a picture of my daughter on her first day of 2nd grade. I used  my Tim Holtz paper distresser on the edges of my patterned papers to give my layout a more vintage feel.



I loved the chipboard and die cut tags and used them to layer around my photo. I finished it off with a vintage button from Tim Holtz's Ideology collection.

 Here I used the Tim Holtz rosette die followed by a bingo piece from Maya Road. 


More Tim Holtz goodness!! I stamped "discover" on a small piece of paper and used of of the vintage plates. 


Next, here is a card that I created using the same line.  I used some of the patterned papers as well as the chipboard die cuts.  I also incorporated a tag from Jenni Bowlin, as well as cardstock circle stickers.
The photo holder is part of my stash...I've had them for so long I don't remember where I bought them. I'm sure we all have items like that in our supplies! LOL  I finished my card with some black and white baker's twine from Divine Twine.


Lastly, I made a mini book using Wendy Vecchi's Art Parts as pages.  I inked the front cover using Dylusions Post Box Red. And I wanted my book to have lots of tags and baker's twine!  


I mixed in some more Jenni Bowlin...here I used a tag as well as a flash card sticker. 


Another Jenni Bowlin tag and I also used a tab above my picture.


Here, stamped a Jillibean Soup kraft coin envelope and added some Ideology pieces to it.  The stamp is one of Wendy Vecchi's!  



This time, I used a Jenni Bowlin tag as my background. Perfect for journaling!


One of the chipboard die cut frames that coordinate with the line.  





Just off to the right, you can see one of Maya Road's new kraft pennants!  Love these!!


Well, that is all for today! Hope this gave you some inspiration to scrap those back to school photos! 
Until next time, thanks for reading!








No comments:

Post a Comment