Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Sweetest Thing





Hi all, hope you had a great Labor Day weekend. I know here in Central Illinois it was pretty soggy and wet.  However, my family and I were in Northern Michigan for the long weekend and it was gorgeous.  My husband's cousin have a cabin on the Betsie River so that's where we spent most of our time.  We stayed at Crystal Mountain Resort but really just slept there. Although our kids did get to enjoy the swimming pool and alpine slides.  We'd love to make this a yearly thing!  Sunday night, we went to Elberta Beach along Lake Michigan to watch the sunset. The kids loved playing in the lake. After dark, we shot off fireworks and just enjoyed our campfire.

Anyway, today I wanted to share two layouts I created last week using My Mind's Eye's The Sweetest Thing collection.  I am a huge fan of MME!  They never cease to amaze me with their patterns and fun embellishments!  This release they added washi tape, coordinating enamel dots, and crochet doilies!  

Here is one I did using the "Honey" line. Love the bees!!  


 One of the fun layered stickers that come with the collection.

I created a banner using semi scallop circles with some of the very cool brads and pennants!
At the bottom, you can see the honeycomb yellow washi tape :)


Layering some of the pattern paper, stickers, and die cut. In the upper left hand corner is one of the wooden buttons that come with every line.

 I added some washi tape and a couple of the cardstock sticker pennants in the upper left corner.  


Here is another layout I did using a mix of the Honey and Tangerine lines.  The style of this layout is a little out of my comfort zone but I really like how it turned out.  


Using some of the layered stickers and wooden buttons. Plus, added some flair from "a flair for flair". :)




This is actually one of the cardstock stickers that goes with the Honey collection...love that it looks like a Polaroid!  


Well that is all for now....the kiddos will be getting home in a little less than 3 hours so I'm going to get some crafting time in! Thanks for reading!






No comments:

Post a Comment