Monday, January 2, 2023

Snowflake Shiplap Shape Home Decor


Hello friends! I'm on the Clear Scraps blog today with a home decor project using some of the new Shiplap Shapes! And I'm going to show you my techniques!  This is a really easy projet to recreate! 





Starting with the Small Circle and Square Shiplap Shapes, I applied a light coat of light blue chalk paint to each. I did not worry about whether I had full coverage and if the wood showed through my paint. 



Once my paint was dry, I used a tea light candle to rub wax onto the surface of the wood.   The rule is the more wax, the more distressed your end result will be. 


I applied white acrylic paint in sections then scraping in one direction before drying. 


Repeat these steps until you have covered your entire Shiplap Shape. 


I set aside my Shiplap to work on my Snowflake Mini Shaker Shape.  Again using the white acrylic paint, I  painted the top frame, as well as the edges of the inside frames and the chipboard base. 


Using my  Beacon 3-in-1 Adhesive, I affixed the two center frames. I then used a circle punch to place patterned paper in the center as shown.  


Now my shaker is ready for some fun chunky glitter which I added to the center.  


The next step is the acrylic overlay followed by the top chipboard frame! 


Now I am ready to assemble my pieces. I layered patterned paper underneath my photo as well as used a coordinating chipboard frame from the collection I used.  I punched a hole at the top of the Circle so I  could string ribbon through later. 


 I  also punched another hole at the bottom of my circle ensuring it lines up with the top. 

  

I applied my Snowflake Shaker to the Square Shiplap using my Beacon Adhesive (which I find works best with Clear Scraps products!) 



Thank you for reading!  Check out Clear Scraps shop to see what is new as well as see all of the Shiplap Shapes! Have a great day!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment