Friday, January 13, 2023

Winter Snowflake Mini Shaker Album

Hello, I'm back with another project for Clear Scraps!  Winter really isn't my favorite season but I  do love to scrapbook about it! LOL The paper and embellishments are so pretty! I used the 3x8 Wide Scallop Acrylic Album and am going to show you some easy techniques on how I  colored my book.  


Using a foam applicator, I applied alcohol ink in Mermaid to the outside edges of each page.  You can go as light or dark as you prefer. 


After my alcohol ink was dry, I took a finger dauber and applied StazOn Opaque to the outside my pages.  I was careful to apply the ink to the opposite side that I applied my alcohol ink to prevent any mixing of colors. 


Here is a close up of my front cover;  each page becomes larger so this first page is approximately 3x3 inches not including the scallops.  


On the inside of the front cover, I added a journaling card with embellishments.  I will add a few sentences at a later date. 


I  found that using wallet sized photos works best with this size of album. Also, I usually mat my photos onto white cardstock mainly because I feel like it sets them apart from the rest of the page. 




Here, I  created a small pocket with double sided foam tape and inserted a journaling card.  



Once the pages become larger, I went to two photos instead of one.  


For this page, I added a banner sticker with embellishments.  Its nice to do something a little different! 



Once I assembled my album with chrome book rings, I added seam binding and jute to the top ring.  This cute metal charm is a nice addition, as well.  



Thanks for reading! You can find all of the Clear Scraps Albums by clicking HERE! Have a great day! 

Additional products used:  patterned paper, enamel dots, die cut shapes, foam words/shapes, brads, stickers: Simple Stories; cardstock: American Crafts; adhesive: Scor-Tape, Scrapbook.com, Tombow; alcohol ink: Ranger; accent ink: Tsuneiko; bakers twine: Whisker Graphics; metal charm, metal clip:  Tim Holtz; misc: chrome book rings, jute. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment