Friday, June 12, 2015

October Afternoon Guest Design Spot: Treasure Map

I'm so far behind on my blogging!  Have had some computer issues with my laptop but I purchased a new one today so hopefully I will get back on schedule!  I'm still trying to recover from this dumb virus too...leaves me with little energy.  

This month I'm so excited to be guest designing at October Afternoon!  I have loved their products since they started...I still have some of the "original" stamp sets! LOL  Today, I am sharing a layout I created with the very fun Treasure Map collection! The nautical/pirate theme is great for travel or cute boy photos!  When I saw this line, I knew right away I wanted to scrap these adorable photos of my nephew, Deacon. My BIL is a huge Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan and Deacon always gets into the spirit of football!  He's even stepping on a teddy bear since the Bucs were playing the Chicago Bears that day! LOL

OA never disappoints with the variety of embellishments in their collections!  Treasure Map includes a 12x12 cardstock sticker sheet full of cute shapes! I used this journaling spot to jot down a little about my photos. I also added two circles from the Sew Fun Banner sheet!


Speaking of Sew Fun Banners, here is a peek of a few that come with the collection. I am a big fan of these as 1) I love to sew on my pages and 2) I love pennants and banners!  

I added both pennants and circles from the Sew Fun Banners at the top of my layout. Then, of course, I added some stitching.  

I also used two more pennants under my photo as well as added a cute sticker!


I'm also a big fan of the Tin Pins and Doo-Dads as well as the Mini Market Alphas!   They make great accents to tuck under or on top of your photos to create some fun layers!

I used the cute Anchor Tin Pin on top of some patterned paper and Border Stickers...again with stitching!

Thanks for looking! Check back on the OA blog next Friday for more of my projects!  Have a great day!






2 comments:

  1. Such an adorable page. I LOVE the tin pins as well, currently my favorite embellie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the well deserved guest spot

    ReplyDelete