Thursday, May 7, 2015

Clear Scraps: Mother's Day layout

Hello! Happy Thursday to you! Hope your week is going well! Today on Clear Scraps, I have a layout and tutorial up on the blog!  I used the new Chevron Border Mascil and the Banner Mixer for my page.  I incorporated gold accents into my layout...let me show you how!



Securing the Border Mascil with washi tape, I lightly sprayed with Gold Color Shine from Heidi Swapp. I used a paper towel to dab my page before lifting the Mascil.  I found this helps any errant drips from ruining my effect.  

And here is how it turned out! I used two different patterned papers and adhered them to the side of my page allowing the gold to show.  

I never seem to use up all of the rub ons in a collection.  I had the idea of cutting the rub ons into smaller sections and placing over my Banner Mixer.  

This is a great way to add accent to your acrylic!  I found too that if the edges aren't quite perfect you can smooth with your finger or lightly sand with a sanding tool.  :)



More photos of my page! I used Maggie Holmes' Styleboard: a collection I have been hoarding!  


I layered pieces of the ephemera as well as added enamel dots from Crate Paper and Teresa Collins Designs.  



If you are celebrating Mother's Day this weekend, I wish you a happy one!  Whether or not you are a mom, I challenge you to take photos of yourself this week!  I am guilty of being the photographer and not getting in front of the camera!  As women, we are too self critical.  Even as I  look at this photo of myself from 6 years ago,  I remember not liking the way I looked.   At the time, my own mother was in the hospital fighting for her life against cancer. It made me realize that I needed to be photographed with my kids. I needed to cherish every day.  Now with my mom gone, I absolutely TREASURE photos of us together.  I regret not taking more. So, please document yourself!
 Have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment