Thursday, May 9, 2013

Clear Scraps Mother's Day Layout and Card

Happy Thursday! I am up on the Clear Scraps blog today showing a layout and card I created for Mother's Day.  I love using Clear Scraps products! So fun to work with!
 
First up is a layout I created using the 6 inch Circle Mascil and Teresa Collins' Memories collection.  I love using spray inks with my Mascils. I wanted to incorporate more circles on my pages so I used my Silhouette to cut out some negative spaces.   
 
 
Here is a close up of the area where I used my spray ink and Mascil.  (I used Caribbean Blue from Tattered Angels)
 
 

 
Here, I placed vellum behind my page and added a smaller circle as well as the circle garland that coordinates with the collection.

 
I also added some of the brads and enamel dots to keep with the circle theme.

 
My title is made from the mini wooden veneer alphas from Studio Calico and American Craft Thickers.

 
Next, is the Deco Send It Clear Card I used to make my Mother's Day card.  Using Teresa Collins' new Summer Stories line, I covered each piece with patterned paper. 
 
 
I started with a cute cut file from my Silhouette and then adhered another pattern behind it.  I then added butterfly flair from {a flair for buttons}, as well as another cut file and the awesome gold glitter border piece. 
 
To finish the tag, I colored seam binding with Distress Stain.
 
 
Here, I used my 6 inch Chicken Wire Mascil and Antique Linen Distress Paint by Tim Holtz to create this fun effect on the corners of my card.

 
 
Here is a peek at the inside:  I simply added a journaling die cut spot and some of the die cut pennants. Love the colors!

 
Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to check out the Clear Scraps blog tomorrow..the very awesome Kay has more Mothers Day inspiration. 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment