Monday, May 27, 2013

Clear Scraps Memorial Day Card and Layout

Happy Memorial Day! Thank you to all that have given their lives for our freedom! 
 
Today I am up on the Clear Scraps blog with a patriotic card and layout.
 
First up, I used the Half Scallop Send It Clear Card and Authentique's new Pride collection.  I colored my acrylic pieces with Red Pepper Alcohol Ink from Ranger
 
 
After covering each acrylic piece with patterned paper, I added a Clear Shape Small Star and rosette (made with the Tim Holtz Rosette die) in the center.  I used Art Anthology Dimension Crystal in Blizzard around the edge of the star. 
 
 
On the left flap of the card, I used the 12 inch Brick Wall Mascil with Dylusions spray in White Linen. 
 
On the inside,  I used some of the coordinating cardstock stickers from the Pride collection.

 
Next up is a layout I created also using the Pride collection. I used the 12x12 Acrylic Sheet from Clear Scraps as my background. 
 
 
Behind my title, I used another Clear Shape Small Star. I first colored it with Red Pepper alcohol ink then placed a doily behind to help the red "pop".   The chipboard letters are from American Crafts
 
 
A star I cut from my Silhouette (hand drawn stars # 10686).

 
Another rosette and decorative pin from Maya Road.

 
I colored this chipboard arrow from Pink Paislee with Red Maya Road mist.

 
Thanks for stopping by! Everyone have a safe and fun day!
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous!!! The cards and layout are fantastic - I would never have tried to use a clear background as you did - but maybe I should try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cards and layout! I hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day!!

    http://leopardmartini.com/

    ReplyDelete