Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Clear Scraps Spring Vacation Layout

Today its my turn on the Clear Scraps blog and I'm sharing a layout I created using their fun acrylic and Mascils! I had so much fun making this project. I know the trend right now is to keep your pages "clean" but sometimes I just want to be a bit messy and use different mediums on my projects.
 
 
 
 
I started with using the 6 inch Chicken Wire Mascil and used Dylusions spray ink in Lemon Zest on each corner.  Then taking the 6 inch Numbers Mascil, I used Claudine Helmuth Studio paint in the center of the cardstock for a background.  I also used my Tim Holtz distress tool and Vintage Photo Distress Ink on the edges of my paper.  Here are some close ups of the different effects you can make with the Mascils:
 

 
 
Next, I took Ranger Alcohol inks and colored the acrylic bird (from the Bird and Cage Clearly Accent Embellishment set) and the Vacation Clear Expression Word Title. 
 

 
I finished my layout by adding some wooden veneer pieces from Studio Calico that I colored with spray inks.

 
I also added this stamped camera from the Amy Tangerine Yes Please Clear Stamp Set. I popped it up with foam dots and added some drips of ink as well. 



 Thanks for stopping by today and be sure to check out the Clear Scraps shop to see all of these products and much more!

 
Additional products:  patterned paper:  Basic Grey and Studio Calico; washi tape: Freckled Fawn, stamps: American Crafts; bakers twine: Whisker Graphics.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment