Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Clear Scraps Hello Spring Wall Hanging

Its my turn on the Clear Scraps blog today! To get in the spring mood, I am sharing a wall hanging I created with the Clearly Framed XL Deco Top Frame Set.  Each set comes with an acrylic and chipboard back piece. 
 
 
I first used gray alcohol ink and colored the acrylic to give it a marbled look.  I then covered the chipboard piece with patterned paper from Simple Stories' new Vintage Bliss line. After carefully trimming the edges, I used a sanding tool to take care of any overlapping paper. 

 
I cut out an oval from another pattern for the center. Using the 6 inch Chicken Wire Mascil and Dylusions spray ink in White Linen, I misted the upper left corner.  I also added a few drips of ink from Studio Calico and Dylusions in blue and yellow. 
 
 
I adhered and stitched a doily onto the oval piece then added the cage and bird from the
Clearly Accent Birds and Cage Embellishment. I used Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam in Chandelier to color the cage. The bird was inked with Ranger Alcohol ink in. I also added a newsprint wing and a rhinestone for his eye.   I used pink tulle trim from Maya Road at the top of the cage. Last, I added paper rosettes and newsprint/vellum butterflies (made from Martha Stewart Craft punches).
 
 
Showing a cluster of paper rosettes and buttons.  I added buttons, rhinestones, and enamel dots as well.
 
 
I created my title with a new favorite set of American Craft Thickers! Love these! I also adorned the page with a clear button and yellow/white bakers twine from Whisker Graphics.

 
Lastly, I used some new yellow/white chevron ribbon from Maya Road to use to hang my frame! Be sure to check out the Clear Scraps blog for more acrylic inspiration!  Thanks for stopping by!
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment