Monday, June 4, 2018

Clear Scraps Mason Jar Wood Accordion Shaker Album

Hello friends! I'm back to share another new release from Clear Scraps! This past January the Wood Accordion Shaker Albums were debuted at Creativation!  Today, I'm sharing the Mason Jar Wood Accordion Shaker Album (which is one of my favorite shapes)!  It reminds me of summer time so I  scrapped photos from our family reunion trip to Northern Michigan last summer!

I  have found that chalk paint works well with the Clear Scraps wood! Here, I  used white for the base of the jar.  I  also found a fun metallic black acrylic paint from Plaid that I used on the lid portion.


For the title of my album, I  used the "Life is Good" Chipboard Embellishment Word Title. I  also painted this in the same black metallic acrylic paint as the lid. I  love how the black pops against the bright colors of the paper and floral sticker!   You can also see I  inserted mini stars into my shaker (I    found these in a set at Michaels next to the glitter). 

Instead of doing an accordion style album, I  opted do a mini book. The easiest way to do so is to not punch your holes on the right side of your shape.  I  covered all of my pages with patterned paper as well as lined the edges with the white chalk paint. 
The pages of the Mason Jar Wood Accordion Shaker Album can easily fit a 3x5 photo. Many of my photos I   wanted to use where vertical so I trimmed them down to 3x5 or 4x4. I  also tend to mat many of my photos as well as add in other patterns behind so that also factors in how large my photo will be. 

In my albums, I  like to add in extra pages or areas that I  can add additional photos or journaling. Here, I  adhered my photo to black cardstock that is actually scored as a card.

This is the inside where I  added journaling and a photo. Using flip elements or pockets is a great way to add more to your albums!

I   tried to keep it simple with the embellishments by adding coordinating stickers, brads, and washi tape. I  also utilized my hand punches such as the pennant punch from Fiskars to add in additional elements. 


Thanks for stopping by today! Check out all of the fun shapes of Wood Accordion Albums by visiting the Clear Scraps shop!

2 comments: