Monday, February 5, 2018

Hello 2018

Look who's back! I've really neglected my blog this past six months! One of my new goals was to blog more...and here we are into February already LOL  Better late than never right?  To be honest, I've been dealing with some unresolved health issues and my energy has been lacking.  I  put my notice in at work the beginning of December however I'm still working 1-2 days/week to help cover. 

Today, I'm sharing a layout I  created for Clear Scraps using the new 2018 Chipboard Word Title. Its always fun to make a page about goal/resolutions for the new year.  I've learned to not be too rigid with my rules; especially lately. 


For my title, I  used the chipboard "hello" from Cocoa Vanilla Studio's Bohemian Dream along with the Clear Scraps 2018 Chipboard Word Title. And I'm going to show you how I  colored my chipboard! 

I    almost always start with a few coats of acrylic paint for my chipboard to give it a good base.  Here, I  used a basic white paint; it soaks into the chipboard well so three coats is usually good. 

Next, I  used my embossing ink and glitter blue embossing powder. After I  set with my heat gun, I    went back and added more embossing ink and a glitter light pink embossing powder. You can see the area that didn't quite get covered.  My rule is that almost every mistake can be covered up with an embellishment thus the heart sticker LOL 


Frames are one of my favorite shapes to use! Here, I    layered both chipboard and die cut pieces in a line across my page.  I    inserted small embellishments in or around the frames. 



Thanks for reading!  Check out all of the fun chipboard shapes by visiting the Clear Scraps shop
Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment