Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Simple Stories: layouts with Mistletoe Kisses


Ha ha..so I guess I'm only going to post once a month!  Seriously I can't keep up.  Life has been a little challenging lately....so blogging is at the bottom of my list. I'd go into more but I think this is supposed to be a scrap blog LOL
I did get away the first weekend of the month to a scrap retreat with some awesome ladies in NW Indiana!  I got a lot of layouts done for ME..ok I did some DT work but it was fun to do what I wanted.  And I got to share my stash of paper with my friends! The best part was that my long time scrap partner in crime, Malika Kelly, drove down from Canada for the weekend. It's been at least two and half years since I've seen Mal.  I sure do miss her. Hopefully we can start doing some more retreats and I'm trying to get her to be my assistant in Vegas next fall.



Now onto my layouts! Last month, I had two pages up on the Simple Stories blog using the cute Mistletoe Kisses collection.  I love the very nontraditional colors of this line and the embellishments are adorable!

For my first layout, "Believe", I used two patterns on white cardstock to give lots of color to my background. Of course, I layered lots of pattern under my photo including some of the 4x6 Journaling Element Cards (which is a great way to incorporate them into your pages!). 

I layered some of the multi-colored trees from the sticker and chipboard sheets at the side of my photo. I also tucked one of the 3x4 Journaling Cards underneath to include some info about my picture.  I'm trying to scrap some of the same photos for each of my kids so this particular page is for my daughter.  Mistletoe Kisses is the perfect girlie Christmas line! 

I love that Simple Stories has added washi tape as well as roller stamps to their collections! I used the roller stamp from Cozy Christmas and the coordinating MK washi with a cute typed sentiment sticker (found in the 4x6 Sticker Sheets). 


Also, new are these decorative pins! How cute is this gingerbread man?  


This adorable Christmas light banner is found on the 6x12 Chipboard Sheet! It even has silver foil accent!  

For my title, I used the "Believe" cut file from the Simple Stories shop on Silhouette! I just used plain old white cardstock! 


For my next layout, I used a started with a snowflake cut file for my background. I lightly misted with pink and light blue spray ink to give it a little pop of color.  I then adhered it to a 11x11 piece of white cardstock (which I in turn adhered to one of the cute patterns from Mistletoe Kisses).  

I'm all about the layers so I added a few of the die cuts as well as chipboard pieces from the collection.  It's fun to use pop dots as well to give your page some dimension. 

I love all of the little sticker sentiments that Simple Stories includes in their lines...I layered  couple along with a date and roller stamp.  


Here's another one of the cute decorative clips!  So fun to add to the top of your photos!


Here is a close up of the misted snowflake background. I added coordinating enamel dots to a few of the middles. 


That's all for now! Thanks for reading! Be sure to check out all of the new collections by visiting the Simple Stories Products page!
Have a great night!


No comments:

Post a Comment