Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Chic Tags Tutorial Tuesday

Hello...hope everyone's week is off to a good start. We didn't get half as much snow this past weekend as they had predicted. So, I'm happy about that. It's still really cold but the temps are supposed to start warming up by the weekend!
 
Today on the Chic Tags blog I have a layout using pieces of Happy Place as well as a little tutorial on using mixed media on your pages.  I am loving Teresa Collins Designs' new modeling paste and stencils from her Basically Essentials line!  So, I've been trying to incorporate more of it in my work.
 
 
I started with a 12x12 piece of white cardstock and one of Teresa's stencils.  I always use a bit of washi tape to secure the stencil to my page to prevent it from slipping.


Using a spatula, I apply  good amount to the stencil and sweep in a downward diagonal motion.  Now, I like to "thin" my paste out and apply evenly but you can make it as thick or thin as you like. 
 
After allowing the paste to dry, you are ready to start creating your page!
 
 
I created  cluster of circles using Happy Place Mini Icons, circles punched from patterned paper, rub ons, buttons, vellum, enamel dots, and sequins. 
 
Love the Happy Place Rub Ons...this on is so cute and perfect for my page!


 
My title is a Freebie Cut File from the Chic Tags shop called Chic Tags Summer Titles.  These are one of many of the FREE cut files and printables offered by CT!  :)
 
The Happy Place hanging tags are perfect to slide behind a photo or to add some journling!

 
A final touch to the modeling paste is adding some color if you prefer! I used one of my gelatos to add a pop of blue.  They are easy to apply using a foam dabber or just your finger.  You can also use ink or chalk to!
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by! Check out these products, plus the two new lines being released later this month:  Lets Go and Cloud 9.  Also, the new March Kit is available in the shop right now!
 

 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Such a cute page Jennifer, and I love the texture from the modeling paste!!

    ReplyDelete