Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Layouts with Carta Bella's So Noted

Today I am sharing two layouts I created for the design team at The Scrapbooking Studio. This month, I used Carta Bella's So Noted collection.


Since So Noted is a very book/reading oriented line, I decided to use some photos from an author meet and greet I attended this past spring. My friend, Michelle and I, drove up to Naperville to Anderson Books where Stephenie Meyer was doing a promotion for "The Host" movie.  Of course, being huge fans of the Twilight Saga, we had to go. So, we made the two hour trek to stand in a long line.  I probably spent less than 30 seconds with her but I do have my copy of Twilight autographed.  
 
 Here, I used punched circles of the different patterns, as well as a cardstock sticker. I also added enamel dots from My Mind's Eye and cute flair from {a flair for buttons}. 
 
 
For my title, I used some of the coordinating letter stickers as well as American Craft Thickers.

 
Staying with the circle theme, I punched different sizes from the patterned paper (plus added a couple vellum circles) and stitched through. 

 
I used the coordinating number stickers to document the year and added some sprinkles of ink, as well as a wooden veneer arrow from Studio Calico. The stamped sentiment is from the Dear Lizzy roller stamp.

 
In the margin of my page, I stuck in a decorative star pin from Maya Road. This was a last minute addition and I love the color!

 
 
For my second layout, I used a Silhouette cut file for the arrows and then backed them with different patterns.  The star of my page is my pug Max!  I thought the colors of his toy coordinated with this line.  Plus he's just fun to scrapbook!
 
 
I layered a tag from American Crafts, doily, and awesome pug flair from Panda Eight
 
 
My title is made from the coordinating letter stickers....there is a 12x12 sheet that goes with the collection.  I also added blocks of paper, as well as coordinating stickers. 

 
A close up of the arrows:

 
At the top right , I added punched pennants from patterned paper and vellum. I then stitched through with my sewing machine.

 
Here, I used one of the coordinating file tab stickers. I added a few of the smaller stickers, as well as enamel dots from Basic Grey and My Mind's Eye. 

 
Thanks for reading today!! Hope you are inspired to do some crafting today! I finally have a day off from work so I'm locking myself in my room for most of the day! :) 
 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. Very cool designs Jen, I love your eye. I would never come up with these. I especially love the circles tucked in and stitched randomly down the side of the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that thickers on first layout? LOVE! my fav font!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both such great layouts! Beautiful design and lovely colors! The book signing sounds like fun... definitely worth the drive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are absolutely gorgeous. Love the circles in the first layout and the arrows in the second. Gorgeous work girl!

    ReplyDelete