Monday, January 28, 2013

Echo Park's Today's Story layouts


Hello..hope this finds you doing well. I'm sharing the last of my projects done with Echo Park's Today's Story for The Scrapbooking Studio. I love the colors of this line, but I will admit I found it challenging. Do you sometimes have the problem of what you thought you would do with a collection doesn't turn out?  Well, I really struggled with my layouts for some reason.  And for this first one, I'm not even sure what I would add to it.  I love this pattern of the line...the "amazing" and "you rock" caught my eye and I thought of this past summer when my BFFs and I did the Dirty Girl 5k.  (If you haven't heard of the it, the race is a muddy obstacle course and also raises money for breast cancer research). 

 
Here, I used a Snippet from the Elle's Studio line The Sweet Life. I added some Queen and Co. washi tape and enamel dots from My Mind's Eye

 
The letters for my title are from the Pebbles' Hip Hip Hooray collection. 

 
I made different banners and pennants to go under a line of washi tape. Of course, I had to stitch through!

 
A journaling circle from Elle's Studio and yes, more washi tape!

 
 
 
For my next layout, I used my 4 inch scallop square punch and stitched them across the top. 
 

 
My journaling spot, I cut from one of the patterned papers, then added washi tape and a piece of flair from {a flair for buttons}.

 
I used Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist of two of the Studio Calico wooden veneer pennants and threaded gray bakers twine through.  My title letters are Thickers from American Crafts.

 
A cute little geotag from Studio Calico!

 
And there you have it. It goes to show that being challenged is a good thing. As designers, I'm sure we all go through creativity blocks!  But, I think it helps us grow in our art.
Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment