Sunday, July 22, 2012

Basic Grey's Picadilly

Hello everyone...I can't believe it's been over a month since I've blogged. Summer has been busy with the kiddos.  We've been doing lots of swimming and taking some weekend trips.  And it's just been plain hot.  We've had a lot of 90+ degree days here in Central Illinois, as well as a handful of 100 degrees!  Seems like those days there isn't anything to do but be in a pool or stay inside.

Anyway, I plan to be better about blogging..my best scrap buddy Malika Kelly and I have made a pact to challenge each other.

Today I am sharing some projects I did for The Scrapbooking Studio.  First off, I did a one page layout using Basic Grey's Picadilly line.  I used a photo of my kids along with my niece, Sidney, at the Peoria Zoo last summer.

I love the colors of this line. As with any Basic Grey collection, there are LOTS of double sided patterned papers to choose from!  Also, there are many embellishments including cardstock stickers, layered stickers, buttons, and fabric flowers. That is only a small portion too!

Shown here is a banner I created using some of the cardstock stickers.  I also used two of the layered stickers...love how the apples and the bird's wing are "popped" up.


Next is a mini book I created using the same collection. I used an acrylic front and layered my paper and embellishments to allow my photo to show through. 



my new obsession is washi tape...note a few strips in the upper right hand corner. 


One of the cute fabric flowers that are included in the embellishments!








It's so fun to use older pictures...my kids look so little! Where does the time go? :(



Next, I am sharing a card I created using Bo Bunny's Country Garden collection.  Bo Bunny doesn't disappoint with their selection of embellishments!   I love the metal trinkets! 

Here is one of the trinkets..the key! So classic!  

This line is very floral with a touch of vintage. Perfect for spring/summer photos!

Here is a layout with the same collection.  I love the butterfly theme of this line, as well


One of the metal trinkets. I love this look!

Layering some cardstock stickers with patterned paper. Topping it off with some stitching and a button!

One of the metal flowers!


Well that is all for now. Like I said, I will be posting more! I have some great pictures from the CHA summer show that I attended last week!! SO many great lines coming out..including a couple new companies! :)  
Thanks for reading!






No comments:

Post a Comment