Sunday, February 19, 2017

Simple Stories: Love and Adore Layouts

Hello..hope you are having a good weekend!  It's been unseasonably warm here in Central Illinois! I'll take it for February...I am loving the sunshine!  Today, I'm sharing layouts I created for 
Simple Stories using the Love and Adore collection.  This is definitely geared for Valentines Day but can be used for other themes as well.  

For my first layout, "Love One Another",  I used one of my favorite photos from our last mission trip to Haiti.   Nancy, our team member, had given Oxanne her old hoody sweatshirt to keep warm at night (kind of hard to believe it gets cold in Haiti).  Oxanne was so happy over this simple gift; the look on her face was pure joy. 


I used the "Love" cut file from Simple Stories in the Silhouette shop (#80540); I added the "one another" with a basic font.  I then backed the negative space with patterned papers from the collection.  

The Bits and Pieces have lots of cute shapes and journaling spots such as this rounded square. I also added a label from the 4x6 Sticker sheets and coordinating Enamel Dots. 
 Yep..I love to layer things...more Bits and Pieces with Chipboard and Stickers! Also, you can spy some of the thin Washi Tape as well as some baker twine from my stash :)
 One of my favorite little embellishments from the 4x6 Sticker sheets are these typed sentiments. They are such a great accent to your photos! How fitting is this quote from David Bowie!?  I about cried when I saw it....perfect for my page!  

Next is a more traditional Valentine layout...I used a cute photo of my daughter when she was a baby on her first Valentines Day.  I cut strips of the different patterns and adhered them to my background. I then used a heart XO cut file with white cardstock and adhered it over my strips of paper.  
For my title, I used the Chipboard XOXO...I stacked them instead of laying the out in a line.  I love that they are different colors as well; you have not only the pinks and reds but also blues and yellows!  
 I layered a few of the heart stickers with more of the coordinating stickers and enamel dots along with a journaling spot.   I also added some splatters of spray ink as well. 

I love banners so I'm always excited to see them in the Sticker or Chipboard sheets!  I used the Chipboard banner across the middle of my page to break up the "white" of the layout.  

Thanks for reading! And FYI...Simple Stories is having a Design Team call! Visit this blog post for details..they are a wonderful company to design for!  







No comments:

Post a Comment