Saturday, November 9, 2013

Back from Haiti

Hello..I returned from my missions trip late last night! It was a long travel day back but I was SO happy to see my family and sleep in my own bed!  My experience in Haiti was AMAZING...I'm still processing everything.  Our team of 12 went to Pillatre Christian Center to take photos of the students (ranging from age three-20 something).  On Tuesday and Wednesday, we hosted a women's conference to over 600 Haitian women.  Thursday, we were able to tour some of the Welcome Home Haiti homes built by teams from our church. 
 
Sharing some of my favorite photos...I'll be back with some actual scrappy projects. Today I have been resting and laying low.
 
The view from our room at Manno and Prisca's

Teamwork!  Getting the bags packed for the conference
 
Love these sweet faces!

I wanted to take them all home with me!
 
So many of the kids wanted a photo...they loved seeing themselves on the camera.


I made everyone pose for a picture to document our sweat!  We had just finished counting bags for the Christmas party in December in a shipping container.  Super hot!

Riding the "tap-tap" on Thursday


Shots of Pillatre

My little buddy on Thursday
 
Have a great weekend! 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment