Saturday, November 20, 2010

Suicide Survivor's Day

In rememberance of a beautiful soul who unfortunately could not see what others saw in her.


  I'd like to you meet my friend, Wendi. I met her a little over 10 years ago at an eating disorders support group.  She was a junior in high school; I was finishing up 6 weeks of partial hospitalization.  We bonded over the fact that I was an EP alum and we loved one of the French teachers.  I had always hoped Wendi would recover for good from her eating disorder. But in the last few years, she seemed to get worse. This past spring, she tried to commit suicide. For three months, she was in a persistant vegetative state until her family decided to take her off life support.  I can say no one's life is the same without Wendi. I miss her every day.

So, if you or someone you know is struggling with depression, an eating disorder, or any other addiction, PLEASE get help.

No comments:

Post a Comment